Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What I want to be when I grow up (alternate reality)

In an effort to make this blog more interactive, consider the following hypothetical. Let me stress that this is merely a hypothetical and in no way is reality.

So, let's just say,again, hypothetically, this whole law thing doesn't work out. Granted, I've wanted to be a lawyer since I was a little kid. I've been defending my brother since he was born, practically. People say that they've never seen a kid get away with more shenanigans, but, hey, he had a good lawyer. And isn't that what our justice system is about? Getting away with stuff because you have a good lawyer. What's that? Equality? Justice is blind? She might be blind, but she knows rich people don't commit crimes.

Anyway, back to my point. If I could not be a lawyer, and were forced to enter another profession, I think I would become a chef.

I also realize that this is the last week of finals and law school and perhaps a strange time to think about what I would be if I weren't a lawyer, but Will McMillan keeps telling me he's going to win the lottery and what we won't have to work for a living and that I could be his chef. Wow, I really have procrastinated enough today. Back to Family Law.

What would you be in an alternate reality?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

A MILF.

Chris said...

I'd still be a lawyer. I'd just be able to do exactly what I want to do instead of what I can get someone to pay me to do. And I'd be able to pay my loans back now instead of in 25 years and save $100k in interest in the process.

LegalBeagle said...

I'd be a news reporter. I could totally pull that off.

Anonymous said...

I don't know who you are Lauren but you cant declare yourself a future milf just like you cant give yourself a nickname. thats a life rule.

Jordy said...

Vik, you'd be the general manager of the football team that I own.

We've talked about me winning the lottery, buying the Cleveland Browns and changing their name to the "Steamers". My first hire would be you as GM, and we'd sign Shaq as our goalline tight end. (Note: this was when Shaq wasn't a total waste).

Luke said...

I would definitely be LeBron James.