You know what really grinds my gears? A number of things, to be honest. Good thing for all of us I've made the following list.
1. The so-called "great" iPhone. Look, I have an iPhone. When I first got it, I hated it. Honest. For about one day. My fingers were too, ahem, wide, to type text messages and emails. The phone function was only pretty good. But then I got sucked in by the ad campaign and all the cool games and toys on the phone. And all was good for a few months. I downloaded plenty of games and apps, as these kids today call them. I still really enjoy a few of the apps, especially the card games and the MLB streaming app. But, after a few months, I came to my senses. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun little game machine. Even if the apps crash more often that Ajay or anyone affiliated with Apple will tell you. The phone feature, however, of the iPhone is pretty bad. It's cumbersome to dial anyone who is not on your favorites list. Calls get dropped all the time. Even if you're just sitting there trying to talk. Especially if you're just sitting there trying to talk. Bottom line, it's fun. But it's a phone for children. If I had to do it all over again, I'd get a Blackberry. Or, as I like to call it, an adult phone.
2. Ron Artest. Or as I've been calling him (with a credit to the blogosphere) "Crazy Pills." I realize he's a great defender, even if he defends with all shoulders, elbows and knees. (He definitely is a man, unlike Tracy McGrady. Or as I like to call him, McLazy.) But Ron, seriously, pass the ball. You're not a great shooter. Hell, you're not even a good shooter. There is no reason for you to take 20 plus shots per game, especially since most of them are long off-balance jumpers and forays into the lane that start and end with the finesse of a HumVee. If you make 5 or 6 shots and take 20, it's time to shoot less. Dump it down to Yao. Hit Shane "Batt-man" Battier or Aaron Brooks or Luis "Guacho" Scola or fearless Von Wafer. Look, I'm glad Crazy Pills is on the Rockets. The team would not be in the playoffs, let alone up 3-1 over the young and dangerous Blazers, without Crazy Pills. But PASS THE BALL, DUDE.
3. This is merely preemptive, and I know I've spoken about this before, but don't come tell me to be quiet in the library. Katy, I'm talking about you. I'm talking to you. It's only been one day of real library study time. But I know it's going to happen. Well, I realize you're going to try to tell me to be quiet, I'll roll my eyes and mutter something. Let's just move on.
4. Final Exams. This is the last time I'll ever take finals. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I hope it's not a freight train called the bar exam. But this is the end of finals. I'm utterly sick and tired of getting up early to go to the library to sit there all day and study. I'm done with it. And it's only been one day. Yeesh.
5. My downstairs neighbor. Guy, you've been coughing since October. You either have tuberculosis, SARS or the Swine Flu. See a doctor. It's just gross. This guy doesn't just cough once or twice. He doesn't cough quietly. It's a constant wet hacking. Yeesh.